Overview of Engineered Hardwood Flooring
Engineered hardwood flooring represents a modern and versatile flooring solution, increasingly popular among homeowners and decorators in Boise. This type of flooring is known for its vast array of colors, options, and price points, catering to a wide range of tastes and budgets. The ability to purchase engineered hardwood flooring in a variety of styles and finishes makes it a go-to choice for those looking to blend aesthetics with practicality.
Why Engineered Hardwood is Becoming Popular
Engineered hardwood flooring is gaining popularity for several reasons. Firstly, its construction, which typically involves a layer of real hardwood bonded to high-quality plywood, ensures durability and stability. This structure makes engineered hardwood less prone to warping and shrinking compared to traditional solid wood, making it suitable for Boise’s varying climate conditions.
Another factor contributing to its popularity is the ease of installation. Engineered hardwood can be installed over various subfloors, including concrete, which is a common feature in many Boise homes. Its versatility extends to installation methods, as it can be glued, nailed, or floated, depending on the specific product and the homeowner’s preference.
Popular Brands in Boise
When it comes to engineered hardwood flooring in Boise, several brands stand out:
- Hallmark Floors: Known for their high-quality construction and extensive range of finishes and styles, Hallmark Floors is a top choice for those seeking both elegance and durability.
- Urban Floors: This brand offers a contemporary collection, perfect for those seeking a modern and sophisticated look. Their engineered hardwood products are praised for their innovative designs and reliability.
- Cordalera: Specializing in luxury engineered hardwood, Cordalera is known for its exquisite craftsmanship and exceptional finishes, appealing to those looking for premium flooring options.
Popular Thicknesses and Widths
The thickness and width of engineered hardwood flooring are crucial for longevity and overall appearance. In Boise, the ideal thickness ranges between 9/16, 5/8, or 3/4 inches. Thicker options are more durable and offer better sound insulation. Thinner floors, such as those measuring 3/8″ or 1/2″, tend to be less robust and are prone to issues such as quicker wear and potential damage.
As for widths, engineered hardwood planks in Boise typically range from 6 to 8 inches, with 7.5 inches being the most popular. Wider planks, like 9 inches or more, can be used in larger spaces but may not be suitable for average-sized Boise homes.
Choosing the Right Finish
The finish of engineered hardwood not only affects its appearance but also its maintenance and longevity. The two main types of finishes are oil-based and urethane-based:
- Oil-Based Finishes: While they can enhance the natural look of the wood, oil-based finishes are not ideal for high-traffic areas. They require regular maintenance and can develop spots over time.
- Urethane Finishes: These are the most popular due to their durability and low maintenance. Finishes like aluminum oxide or urethane provide a protective layer that resists scratches and stains, making them suitable for families and busy households.
In conclusion, Boise offers a diverse range of engineered hardwood flooring options, from various brands to thicknesses and finishes. When selecting engineered hardwood, homeowners should consider the specific needs of their space, including foot traffic, exposure to sunlight, and overall interior design. With its combination of beauty, durability, and versatility, engineered hardwood flooring remains a favored choice in Boise’s housing market.