Ten Oaks has a long history dating back to May 1922, when it was founded as the Stuart Lumber Company by four local citizens who wanted to utilize the county’s timber resources. During the first 17 years of its existence, the company’s leadership rotated among the four founders.
In 1982, Buddy left the Masonite Corporation to start his own business. His first move was to purchase moth-balled strip flooring equipment from Masonite and set it up on the Mayo River. In July 1984, he started the Stuart Flooring Corporation with just one-half of a strip mill manufacturing line.
In 2004, Buddy expanded his business by purchasing the T-George Vaughan Furniture company and its building in the Rich Creek Corporate Park in Stuart, Virginia. The building has 260,000 square feet and 34 acres of land, which he planned to use to expand his hardwood flooring operation. He changed the mill’s name from Stuart Flooring to Ten Oaks, LLC, with the goal of making hardwood flooring better.
Over the next 14 years, Ten Oaks continued to grow steadily and eventually began to run out of space in its original Progress Drive location. It also needed more raw material processing capabilities to meet the production demand. As a result, it was given the opportunity to purchase the old Stuart Flooring mill from Shaw Industries when they announced their plans to close the plant. With access to the large plant, Ten Oaks can now expand its solid hardwood flooring product line and offer more products that customers need.
With a storied company like Ten Oaks, Rustic Floor Supply is proud to be offering Ten Oaks Hardwood Flooring in Boise, Idaho.