Rustic Floor Supply sells Cordalera flooring at our Spokane, Washington location. Cordalera Floors is a luxury vinyl flooring company based in Boise, Idaho that is known for its modern and contemporary colors. They offer a wide range of options, including the latest addition, Owyhee, which is designed to resemble freshly sanded white oak. The Cordalera Floors collection is created by Shelly Jerman and is made to withstand everyday use while still maintaining its high quality. Rather than relying on marketing to build their reputation, Cordalera Floors focuses on producing top-quality products at affordable prices and letting the organic quality of their products speak for themselves. If you are in the market for high-end vinyl flooring, Cordalera Floors is a great option to consider.
Clordalera Floors Inspiration Photos
Cordalera Enduro Luxury Vinyl SPC (12 mil)
Cordalera Enduro Max Luxury Vinyl SPC (20 mil)
- Fire Rating: ASTM E648, Exceeds Class 1 ratings
- IIC: Impact Insulation Class. IIC = 66
- STC: Sound Transition Class. STC = 68
- ASTM F3261: Rigid Core Specification: Class I, Type B, Backing Class B
- EN-427: Size & Squareness: Passes, ± 1.0 mm size, < 0.1 mm squareness
- ASTM F387: Thickness of Flooring w/ Foam Layer: Passes, ± 0.2 mm
- EN-660-2: Abrasion Loss Passes, < 0.015g
- ISO 24337: Flatness: Passes, ± 0.2 mm width, < 0.2% length
- EN 431 Peel Strength Passes, >80N/5cm
- EN 434 High Temperature Shrinkage Pass, < 0.1%
- ISO 24337: Joint Ledging: Passes, ≤ 0.15 mm
- ASTM E648 (NFPA 253) Critical Radiant Flux: Class I, > 1.1 W/cm2
- ASTM E492-09(2016) Calculated Impact Insulation Class: ICC 52
- ASTM E90-09(R2016) Calculated Sound Transmission Class: STC 53
- Certification Floor Score Certificate
These installation guidelines apply to the Cordalera Enduro and Enduro Advantage products. All instructions and recommendations should be followed for a successful installation.
Required Tools: Tape Measure, Utility Knife, Jigsaw, Tapping Block or Rubber Mallet, Pull Bar, ¼” Spacers, T-Square, Safety Glasses, Broom or Vacuum, and, if necessary, tools for subfloor repair.
- Frequently moved furniture should be equipped with felt pads to avoid scratching the floor. Heavy furniture and appliances should be equipped with non-staining large surface floor protectors. Furniture with casters or wheels must be easy swiveling, large surface non-staining and suitable for resilient floors. Do NOT use ball type casters as they can damage the floor.
- This product can be installed on, above, or below grade.
- This product is warranted for installation into environments (such as “three season rooms and dwellings”) that experience extended periods where the ambient environment is either not controlled or minimally controlled allowing seasonal fluctuations in temperature and relative humidity. That said, for such installations, the product must be acclimated and installed into a controlled environment where temperatures are kept between 55°F and 85°F for a period of 72 hours prior to, during, and 72 hours after installation. Failure to comply with these installation parameters will disallow warranty coverage.
- Excessive moisture in the subfloor could promote mold, mildew, and other moisture related issues that will contribute to an unhealthy indoor environment. Cordalera is not responsible for damages related to these moisture issues. Cordalera recommends a 6 mil polyfilm when installing over concrete floors.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight as this will result in discoloration and expansion. The use of drapes, blind systems, or protective window film is required.
- Flooring should be installed after all other trades have completed work that could damage the flooring.
- All subfloor patching must be completed with a Portland based compound and fully dried/cured prior to installation.
- Inspect all planks for damage prior to installation. If you have any concerns about the product fit or finish, call Rustic Wood Floor Supply at 1-208-377-0335. Returns will not be accepted for any flooring that has been cut to size and/or installed.
- Blend and install planks from several cartons.
All subfloors must be clean, flat, dry, and structurally sound. Proper subfloor preparation is a major part of a successful installation. Subfloor must be flat – 3/16” in 10’ or ⅛” in 6’. For all subfloor prep and specifications.
Over Existing Floors
- Installation is NOT allowed over any type of carpet.
- Cordalera flooring can be installed over most existing hard surface floor coverings, provided that the existing floor surface is clean, flat, dry, and structurally sound.
- Existing sheet vinyl floors should not be heavily cushioned. Soft underlayment and soft substrates will diminish the product’s inherent strength.
- Never use solvents or citrus adhesive removers to remove old adhesive residue. Solvent residue left in and on the subfloor may affect the new floor covering.
Radiant Heat: Radiant heat systems must have a minimum of ½” separation from the product. Maximum operating temperature should never exceed 85°F (30°C). Use of an in-floor temperature sensor is recommended to avoid overheating.
Cordalera is engineered to be installed utilizing the floating method. Do not install cabinets or fixed objects on top of the Cordalera. Proper expansion space is required. Undercut all door jambs. Do not fasten wall moldings and/or transition strips to the floor and planks.
- Sweep/Swiffer (dry) – Get dust off the floor on a daily basis.
- Wet Tack – Once a week or when needed. We recommend the Arboritec Cleaner
- Clean up Spills – While 100% waterproof cleaning up spills quickly is advised to prevent falls
- Take shoes Off – For a perfect floor walking in socks creates less abrasion that makes for a longer lasting floor.
- Moving Appliances – use a 1/4 masonite board to not create any scratches
- Use Floor Booties – Chairs and other appliances should have floor booties to protect against scratches and major digs.
- No Steam Cleaning – The steam can inbe injected into the SPC flooring and cause issues.
Limited Residential Warranty
Cordalera warrants our Enduro & Enduro Advantage Rigid Core products to be free from manufacturing defects. Enduro & Enduro Advantage Rigid Core flooring installed indoors in a climate controlled area in accordance with Cordalera’s installation guide will not warp, cup, or buckle. Enduro & Enduro Advantage Rigid Core flooring maintained in accordance with Cordalera’s maintenance guide will not wear out, fade, or stain under normal household conditions for a specified length of time from date of purchase as set forth below. This warranty applies only to the original end user and proof of purchase is required for all claims.
Limited Commercial Warranty
Cordalera warrants our Enduro & Enduro Advantage Rigid Core products to be free from manufacturing defects. Enduro & Enduro Advantage Rigid Core flooring installed indoors in a climate controlled area in accordance with Cordalera’s installation guide will not warp, cup, or buckle. Enduro & Enduro Advantage Rigid Core flooring maintained in accordance with Cordalera’s maintenance guide will not wear out, fade, or stain under light commercial use for a specified length of time from date of purchase as set forth below. This warranty applies only to the original end user and proof of purchase is required for all claims.
Lifetime Waterproof Warranty
Cordalera is warranted to be 100% waterproof and the structural integrity of the floor plank will not be significantly diminished by exposure to water for the life of the product. These products are not to be used as a moisture barrier and this warranty does not cover damages due to subfloor moisture or mold/mildew growth due to prolonged moisture exposure. This warranty does not cover any damage to the floor and/or surrounding structures caused by casualty events involving water coming into contact with your floor and failures normally covered by homeowner’s insurance including but not limited to damages caused by flooding, standing water, leaky pipes, leaky faucets, household appliances, or hydrostatic pressure.
Enduro & Enduro Advantage Rigid Core Flooring Warranty Periods
|ENDURO ADVANTAGE||12 MIL||RESIDENTIAL / COMMERCIAL||LIFETIME LIMITED RESIDENTIAL / 5 YEARS COMMERCIAL|
|ENDURO||20 MIL||RESIDENTIAL / COMMERCIAL||LIFETIME LIMITED RESIDENTIAL / 10 YEARS COMMERCIAL|
- Proof of purchase is required for all claims.
- This warranty applies only to the first owner and first installation of the product and is not transferable.
- Claims for wear must show a minimum dime sized area.
- The warranty only applies to defects inherent to the material supplied, this means any material or production defects acknowledged by the manufacturer. Cordalera will repair or replace the product at its option – when replacement is made, only new panels from the current product range at the time of the complaint will be supplied. There will be no other form of compensation. Responsibility under this warranty only applies to hidden defects which were not visible before or during the installation of the floor. Flooring must be checked for defects before installation and under sufficient lighting and planks deemed defective must not be installed under any circumstance.
- Cordalera will not be responsible for any loss of time, inconvenience, expenses, costs, or consequential damages caused by or resulting directly or indirectly from a problem pertaining to the claim.
- Cordalera reserves the right to inspect the flooring and to remove samples for additional evaluation. Any attempt to repair or replace the flooring without consent from Cordalera will void this warranty. Cordalera does not allow or authorize any third parties to alter this warranty.
- Damage or failure arising from improper installation, excessive subfloor moisture, inadequate subflooring, or inadequate subfloor prep
- Damage or failure due to a radiant heated subfloor not in compliance with Cordalera’s installation guide/requirements
- Construction related damage including but not limited to damage caused by adhesives or tape
- Planks installed with visible defects
- Product deformities that are not measurable or that are only visible at a certain angle or in a certain light
- Color or gloss inconsistency between samples, replacement product, or illustrations and actual product. Color or gloss inconsistency resulting from adding material at a later date.
- Damage or discoloration caused by accidents, chemicals, fire, flood, moisture, mold or mildew.
- Damage to planks or click joints due to heavy rolling loads or uneven subfloor
- The use of two different locking systems or flooring sold as irregulars, trial grade material, or “as-is”
- Damage or indentations caused by abuse or from failure to follow Cordalera maintenance instructions including but not limited to:
- dragging objects across the floor, untrimmed pet nails, damaged shoes/heels
- use of mats not labeled non-staining
- use of rolling caster wheels without non-staining floor mat or furniture without non-staining floor protectors
- use of vacuum cleaner beater bar
- use of steam mops
- Loss of gloss, buildup of dulling film, gouges, indentations, scuffs or scratching
- Discoloration, fading, or normal changes in color from heat, intense artificial light, or direct sunlight
- Damage or indentations in the following environments:
- areas that are not climate controlled
- areas exposed to extreme heat or cold including but not limited to saunas
- areas where commercial cleaning machines will be used
- areas where walkers and wheelchairs are used (i.e. Assisted Living or Extended Care facilities)
- areas exposed to movement of heavy objects, displays, racks, dentist chairs etc. – it may exert extreme stress and compromise the locking system.
IF YOU HAVE A CLAIM
Contact the retailer where you purchased the floor and describe the issue. They will be able to answer your questions and, if necessary, start to process a claim. When applicable, the retailer will provide an initial inspection of the issue and will be obligated to present their findings to Cordalera along with proof of purchase, a sample and/or clear photos of the defect, and any additional information we may need to understand the cause of the issue.