Rustic Floor Supply offers Waterlox floor Finishes at our Spokane, Washington location. For over 100 years, the Hawkins family has been committed to providing high-quality wood finishing solutions that preserve and enhance the natural beauty of wood. The origins of Waterlox®, our flagship brand, can be traced back to Cleveland, Ohio in 1910 when R.L. Hawkins, Sr. purchased the Empire Varnish Company and began experimenting with tung oil to create a range of interior and exterior paints, varnishes, enamels, and stains. Waterlox® products are now handmade by our skilled staff using original family formulas and the finest ingredients. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers in the woodworking and wood flooring industries through our expertise and commitment to quality.
Walterlox History Photos
Waterlox Sealers & Finish
Our signature formula enhances the natural beauty of wood surfaces, including floors, cabinets, countertops, furniture, and woodworking projects. Our resin-modified Tung Oil products penetrate wood deeply to create a durable, water-resistant finish that is easy to maintain. With a warm, amber finish, our products are suitable for a variety of wood surfaces, including floors, countertops, cabinets, tables, and furniture. Applying our products is simple and straightforward, making them a convenient choice for any wood finishing project.
- Great for wood floors, countertops, cabinets, tables, and furniture.
- Will provide your wood with a warm, amber, finished look.
- Easy to use and apply
Waterlox Orginal Sealer
Waterlox Orginal Finish Satin
Waterlox Finish Sheen Choices
- Our Waterlox® ORIGINAL formula is our oldest and most classic product, with a history dating back to 1910.
- It is made using 90% renewable, natural resources in the resin portion of the formula.
- When used with a Waterlox® sealer, it penetrates deeply into wood fibers to create a waterproof barrier and a protective, elastic film that is resistant to everyday wear and tear and foot traffic
- It is easy to maintain and non-toxic when dry and fully cured
- It is handcrafted in small batches in Cleveland, Ohio by a fourth-generation, family-owned company
- It is available in gloss, semi-gloss, and satin sheens, as well as gallon, quart, and 2-ounce sizes
- Use our product on a variety of interior wood surfaces, including floors, windows, doors, cabinetry, woodwork, tables, furniture, bar tops, picture frames, and various woodworking projects
- It is also effective on porous interior surfaces such as slate, brick, stone, tile, or cement to seal and prevent chalking and dusting*
- Our product provides excellent adhesion to oily, dense, exotic woods like teak, rosewood, and ipe
- One quart of our ORIGINAL sealer or finish covers 125 square feet per coat (500 square feet per coat for one gallon). One quart of the Universal Tung Oil Sealer (UTOS) covers 600-800 square feet per coat. Refer to our coverage guide for more details. No thinning is required
- It requires a minimum dry time of 24 hours between coats. Poor ventilation, high humidity, or cool temperatures may extend the dry time.